Please check back here throughout the year when we have requests for members to contact their State Representatives and Congressmen on specific issues.
|These Senators Need to Hear from You: Tell Them Court Packing Would Be a Disaster|
The NFRW Legislation and Research Committee is calling on members to urge the Senators below to sign on as original co-sponsors of the Keep Nine Amendment.
Senator Ted Cruz will be introducing the Keep Nine Amendment later this month, so make your calls now. Click here for suggested responses to questions about co-sponsoring. Co-sponsors should contact Chris Jaarda with Sen. Cruz at Chris_Jaarda@cruz.senate.gov.
A recent opinion piece by former appellate and senior judge and Tennessee Attorney General Paul Summers makes the case for the Keep Nine Amendment and explains why court packing would be a disaster: “If one party packed the court, another party with a new majority would retaliate by packing the court again. This political ‘table tennis’ undermines both checks and balances of the court and the rule of law. Americans desire a nonpartisan, independent judiciary.” Read full article here.
KEEP NINE SENATE TARGETS
- Tommy Tuberville (AL), 202-224-4124
- • Lisa Murkowski (AK), 202-224-6665
- • Dan Sullivan (AK), 202-224-3004
- • Marco Rubio (FL), 202-224-3041
- • Rick Scott (FL), 202-224-5274
- • Jim Risch (ID), 202-224-2752
- • Michael Crapo (ID), 202-224-6142
- • Jerry Moran (KS), 202-224-6521
- • Rand Paul (KY), 202-224-4343
- • Susan Collins (ME), 202-224-2523
- • Josh Hawley (MO), 202-224-6154
- • Eric Schmitt (MO), 202-224-5721
- • Deb Fischer (NE), 202-224-6551
- • John Hoeven (ND), 202-224-2551
- • Kevin Cramer (ND), 202-224-2043
- • James Lankford (OK), 202-224-5754
- • Lindsey Graham (SC), 202-224-5972
- • Tim Scott (SC), 202-224-6121
- • Mike Rounds (SD), 202-224-5842
- • John Cornyn (TX), 202-224-2934
- • Mitt Romney (UT), 202-224-5251
- • Shelley Moore Capito (WV), 202-224-6472
- • Ron Johnson (WI), 202-224-5323
- • Cynthia Lummis (WY), 202-224-3424